Meet Harsheen Jammu, an IIM graduate and photographer.
Inspiro India: Tell us something about yourself and how did you get started?
– Originally from a management background, an IIM graduate, it was my love for capturing the colours in our everyday life & the sentiments attached to them that pulled me towards photography. Clicking pictures is what truly makes me happy, it is fulfilling in all its dimensions.
Inspiro India: Can you talk a bit about your unique style and way of working?
– I don’t believe in planning a lot for a shoot as it brings in a certain expectation you tend to have with the output and you completely ignore the other possibilities. I try to incorporate the environment and emotions at that point of time in my frames.
Inspiro India: Did you face any kind of problems while pursuing this field? How satisfied do you feel after working in this field?
– My parents were not very supportive initially, but I was very adamant. Like all professions, most of the days, I feel happy about my choices but there are some difficult days as well.
Inspiro India: What is it about wedding-photography that interests you the most? What are your top three favourite photography locations? And Why?
– The fact that you are going to create a piece of history for someone which is going to be passed on to generations is something which fascinates me. No favourite locations as such. I believe there is beauty everywhere, you just need to observe for a while.
Inspiro India: If not this, What would have Harsheen been doing?
– Probably a civil servant.
Inspiro India: What is typically in your camera bag while travelling?
– I don’t shoot much while travelling. Something shall be experienced without cameras.
Inspiro India: Could you tell our readers how to reach such excellent results in travel wedding photography? What are you looking forward to purchase next?
– Just try to be a part of the family, connect with the environment and results would come. I am looking forward to purchase a wide lens.
Inspiro India: How has witnessing so many weddings changed your life/outlook?
– It has impacted me in a major way. I am very sure about what kind of a wedding I want and what is a complete no-no. On a serious note, you tend to examine families of different cultures on a very micro level and there is one common thing across all cultures and that is patriarchy.
Inspiro India: Describe your post-processing work flow And the equipment that you use?
– I use photo mechanic & lightroom for post processing. Equipment – iMac 27 inches 8GB RAM.
Photos by ©Harsheen Jammu
Inspiro India: What advice would the artist inside you like to pass on to our readers?
– What kind of Equipment you use plays a very minor role in your art. Explore, shoot, edit with whatever tools you have and you will be amazed by the results
Check out his full feature in July’16 Edition of Inspiro India Magazine issue#30 – Download Free.