Meet Pardeep Verma, an abstract painter and visual artist.
Inspiro India: How did you get started? What first got you into Art? Tell us a bit about yourself.
– I once had the opportunity to attend a painting exhibition by Sh. JR. Yadava. Until then I had never imagined that paintings could be handmade. His paintings piqued my interest to do something about it and I requested Sh. Yadava to guide me. He showed me the path and that’s how the journey started.
Inspiro India: How would you best describe your style of Visual Art? And the challenges you faced as an artist?
– My visual art style is Abstract. The main challenge I faced was to do the paintings in acrylic colour rather than in watercolour. There were lots of experiments that I had to conduct with ‘n’ number of permutations and combinations before I could get the results I had always dreamt of.
Inspiro India: What are the tools you couldn’t live without? Can you please explain about your work process?
– I can’t imagine a life without papers, colours and solitude. The combination of the three things gives shape to my imaginations and dreams.
Inspiro India: Is studying design in college worth the cost or do you recommend an alternative?
– Studying art essentially helps one acquire the basic skills and that becomes a launch pad. When I was young, my main motive was to start earning a livelihood because art as a field was looked down upon something which never pays. Also in addition to the college education, I believe, having a mentor is of great help. Having said that, the motivation must come from within along with zeal, enthusiasm and energy besides tonnes of practice.
Inspiro India: Who/What has been the biggest influence on your way of thinking?
– Whenever I saw somebody getting clicked himself/herself with the creator or the creation – painting, photographer or sculpture in any form – that influenced my thinking. I wanted my creations to be appreciated the same way.
Inspiro India: What did you want to become as child?
– As a child, I wanted to have my own identity and excel in any endeavour I selected.
Paintings by ©Pardeep Verma
Inspiro India: What advice would the artist inside you like to pass on to our readers?
– My advice to an artist will be to think out of the box, be creative and experiment a lot as well as have patience and perseverance till they achieve what you they’ve dreamt of. An artist should always on the lookout for new horizons, new vistas, new worlds.
Check out his full feature in May’17 Edition of Inspiro India Magazine issue#38 – Download Free.